There has been an increase in crime in the Lowry Hill neighborhood over the last several months. This includes residential burglaries in our immediate neighborhood. We are encouraging all in our community to LEAVE THE FRONT LIGHT ON all night. If you have a back porch/yard lights, we encourage you to leave those on as well. Light is a BIG deterrent to criminals. It will not cost you more than a few dollars increase in your monthly electric bill.
Follow this and the following basic safety tips listed below to help make our neighborhood a safer place. Check here and in our monthly e-blasts for the latest crime reports in our area.
The Lowry Hill Neighborhood Association
FOLLOW THESE SAFETY TIPS:
• LEAVE YOUR FRONT & BACK PORCH LIGHTS ON.
• Make sure your alarm system is armed at all times.
• If you don’t have an alarm system, consider adding a home security system to your residence.
• Make sure all first floor or easy access windows are locked.
• Close and lock all garage doors and do not leave valuables on porches or in yards.
• Get to know your neighbors and watch out for each other.
• CALL 911 if you see suspicious persons or activity – this is what 911 is for; don’t hesitate, make the call. Report ALL crimes immediately to 911.
• Be informed, sign up to receive official Minneapolis Police Department crime reports online at http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/police/crimealert/